Marketing is the spine of any – large or small – business which determines and ensures the growth of your business. With the massive takeover and evolution of social media marketing tools have become more active, sharp, and effective in attracting larger customer base and reaching wide audience.
If your business is small then there are chances that the marketing system in your business is on a very basic level or the email marketing software is not well managed. But, as your business grows the marketing needs will require upgrade to meet the needs. Not evolving your marketing tools with time can result in chaos of large Excel files. Therefore, an organized email marketing tool is something you can rely upon completely to increase your customer base as well as for the growth of your business.
Social media is the easiest way today for marketing your business and reaching wider audience but it is also unpredictable. Whereas, email marketing is a proven and reliable marketing technique that continues to be one of the most targeted and valuable channels to boost your business. However, you must know how and when to use email marketing to get best results.
First problem small businesses runs into is the budget. In order to install good quality marketing tools they don’t have enough budget and, therefore, choose to go with the cheaper and low quality tools. What these small businesses don’t know is that there are lots of free Email Marketing tools available online. In this article we are going to share with you detailed information about free email marketing tools.
Here are top 10 Free Email Marketing Software available online:
Mailchimp is on top which offers ‘free forever’ email marketing facility. It is most widely used email marketing system by small businesses with user base of more than 15 million. MailChimp offers paid services but its free services are quite impressive and have useful features.
The best feature of MailChimp is its concept of ‘people helping people.’ This tool allows you to search for a keyword or any phrase you want to use as a subject line and shows you how well that keyword or phrase has performed for other users. This way you can target maximum users and attract them to your site
- Free Plan – MailChimp’s free plan allows you to send up to 14000 emails each month and store up to 2000 contacts (subscribers).
- Paid Plan – There are two packages available in the paid section:
- Growing Business – In this plan you get unlimited emails with demographic and email a/b testing feature and 1511 to 2500 subscribers all for $25/month.
- Pro-Marketer – This plan costs $199/month and is designed for enterprise level companies’ high-volume subscriber lists.MailChimp has received thousands of positive reviews and is the most preferred free email marketing tool across the entirety of G2 crowd. The only complaint users had was about MailChimp’s quality of support.
- Flexible integration with WordPress, Facebook, Zendesk, BigCommerce, Drupal, Mandrill, Google Analytics, etc.
- Super easy-to-understand graph reports which display the performance of your email as compared to your past emails.
- Some important features not available in the free version.
- Sign-up forms are a bit tough to customize.
Elastic Email is another most popular and widely used free email marketing tool. Lots of positive reviews has made Elastic Email one of the highest-rated tool and has also acquired above-average user scores in almost all categories.
As compared to MailChimp, Elastic Email has amazing quality of support with 97% ratings from users. Here are the two plans that you can choose from in Elastic Email:
- Free Plan – Elastic Email offers gigantic amount of email marketing. In the free plan you can send up to 150,000 emails per month and 5000 per day. This is the highest number of email as compared to any other services.
- Paid Plan – While Elastic Email’s free plan covers all your basic needs for email marketing in paid plan you get some additional tools. Like, once you reach your storage limit you will be charged 0.29 cents/1000 per month for the first 100,000 subscribers and there onwards 0.19 cents/1000 for the next 1,000,0000.
The user base of Elastic Email is quite happy with the services and have rated this tool as one of the best email marketing tools.
- Flexible platform integration with various social media including facebook, WordPress, etc.
- Top quality, well-maintained Email Scheduling.
- A/B testing is not up to the mark
- Spam filter testing
This Paris-based company operates in more than 150 countries and is known for its speed. This email marketing tool sends, tracks, and delivers email for marketing purposes. Mailjet claims to be the all-in-one-solution for email marketing.
Mailjet’s one unique feature is the Passport which allows you to create email campaigns along with responsive email and newsletter. Also, you can preview your mail before sending so that you get to know how it will look on the receiver’s end and can craft it well.
Mailjet has a campaign comparison feature through which you can develop campaigns based on past performance.
Here are two plans Mailjet is offering:
Free Plan – In the free plan you can send 6000 emails per month or 200 mails per day. This includes access to API, advanced editor, advanced statistics, unlimited contacts, etc.
Paid Plan – Mailjet is an affordable email marketing tool service and the paid plan is divided into two sub-categories:
- Bronze – Starts with $7.49/month and offers all the premium features with the limit of 30,000 emails per month.
Crystal – This plan starts at $21.95 per month and allows you to send 60,000 mails per month. It also offers all the premium features. It also comes with expert deliverability support
Express Pigeon has acquired the status of ‘favorite’ email marketing tool from its users. It is developed in a way that anyone can use it and understand it without any prior technical knowledge. The free plan is not much attractive as of other email marketing tools but this platform is very well organized and easy to use. It is equipped with a responsive editor and wide range of templates are also available for different uses.
Some more features of Express Pigeon are email scheduling, contact segmentation, A/B testing, etc. You can use these features plan, create, and execute effective email marketing campaigns. It also comes with API capabilities through which you can integrate popular business systems on the market.
Here are the two plans Express Pigeon offers:
Free Plan – In the free plan you can have up to 500 subscribers and send up to 1000 emails per month. This plan also includes technical support and other features.
Paid Plan – Express Pigeon offers three paid plans which are divided according to the number of subscribers and number of emails you want to send monthly. Paid plan price ranges from $9.99 to $19.99 per month with up to 2500 subscribers.
If you are a creative person or someone who wants to create visually stunning, responsive emails in just few clicks then Benchmark is the right choice for you. Benchmark focuses on simple email marketing and has strong hold on creative design as it is equipped with a heavy-duty email designer.
It also allows you to add and edit photos in its editor. Additionally you can add effects, stickers, text, etc. to make your email more appealing. Benchmark also has a feature using which you can streamline auto-responses, create surveys and polls, etc. With the real-time reporting feature you can keep track of your activity.
Here are the two plans offered by Benchmark:
Free Plan – Benchmark offers free-for-life services in this plan. The services include 2000 subscribers and 14000 emails per month.
Paid Plan – Depending on the number of subscribers you need Benchmark has a right plan for you. It offers four different paid plans: Medium – $21.99 per month, Large – $346.99 per month, Extra Large – $758.99 per month, and Massive – for $4,800 per month.
- Can send video via email marketing
- Clean, easy-to-use templates.
- Limited customer support on weekends
- Subscribers first have to sign-up from your Benchmark sign-up form
Designed specifically for small businesses, Moosend is a budget friendly and widely preferred email marketing tool. Moosend has received positive reviews from its huge user base and stands to offer more quality email marketing services.
Users have said that Moosend has best quality support among all the free email marketing tools. Ease the burden of sending individual mails and get the best free service of Moosend to automate your strategies.
Here are the two plans offered by Moosend:
Free Plan – Moosend free plan is designed in such a way that it gives small and medium sized businesses a good glimpse of high-quality email marketing platform. In the free plan you can create unlimited campaigns and have up to 1000 subscribers.
Paid Plan – The paid plan offered by Moosend is designed in a way that it can be afforded even by someone who is running low on budget. Their entry level plan starts from $10/month in which you get unlimited emails and up to 2000 unique subscribers. With $50/month plan you get 10000 subscribers and for 100000 unique subscribers you have to pay $390/month.
- High performance and high reliability rate
- Wide integration with various other platforms
- Top automated email responses
- Mobile preview not up to the mark
- Personalizing emails not much attractive
MailerLite is an email marketing tool which is perfect for all small, medium, and large size businesses. Among its wide array of features some of the highlights are drag-and-drop editor, HTML editor, newsletter templates, file manager, Rich Text Editor, etc. Even if you lack technical knowledge MailerLite’s user friendly design will not be a hardball for you.
Some basic features of MailerLite are easy to launch campaigns, schedule messages, etc. The two top rated features of MailerLite are email and mobile email preview and sending mass outbound emails.
Here are two plans provided by MailerLite:
Free Plan – In the free plan you can send up to 12000 emails per month and get 1000 unique subscribers. The free plan also includes email automation, A/B testing, analytics, newsletter templates, pop-ups, etc.
Paid Plan – MailerLite’s plan pricing is slightly different from other email marketing tools. They offer plan based on the number of subscribers you have. The price range starts from $10 and the highest price goes up to only $50 per month in which you get 1000 and 10000 subscribers respectively.
- Best email and mobile preview as compared to other services
- Let’s you build and personalize emails
- Integration of API’s is not quite impressive
FreshMail is designed keeping in mind the coders as well as non-coders. It is a cloud-based email marketing service and is perfect for small and medium sized businesses. The interface is user-friendly and its features allow you to play around the templates to create unique newsletters.
Some top features include drag-and-drop editor, ready to use newsletter templates, etc. As a growing business you will need to be in touch with your customers and FreshMail provides you with features like smart autoresponders which let you autorespond to your customers depending on how they interact with your message.
It also has a spam test feature which ensures that your email does not end up in user’s spam folder.
Here are the two plans offered by FreshMail:
Free Plan – FreshMail’s free plan is free for lifetime. But you can send only up to 200 emails per month and support maximum of 500 subscribers.
Paid Plan – There are two sub-categories in the paid plan:
- Unlimited Email Packages – The pricing of this package starts from $14 per month for 1000 subscribers and $405 per month for 100000 subscribers.
- Pay-as-you-go Package – This plan’s price range starts from $30 per month for 5000 emails to $1300 for 1000000 emails.
Another amazing free email marketing service Zoho Campaigns is designed for small and medium sized businesses. If you are already using products from Zoho then it will be a right choice to get Zoho’s email marketing tool too as it connects with other applications as well. This California based tool automates email marketing with permission-based access.
Zoho has various features including recipient activity tracking, engagement measurement capability, etc. which help you to know how your users are interacting with the mail. It also has A/B testing feature.
Here are two plans Zoho Campaigns offers:
Free Plan – The forever free plan allows you to send 12000 emails per month for up to 2000 subscribers.
Paid Plan – There are two categories:
- Pay-as-you-use : This is the plan in which you purchase email credits according to the number of emails you wish to send. The pricing starts from $6 for 250 credits to $750 for 100000 credits.
- Monthly Subscription: This plan is priced based on the number of subscribers you have and the price range starts from $5/month for up to 500 subscribers to $350/month for 100,000 subscribers.
- Let’s you design your own templates
- Easy integration with other Zoho products
- Launching a campaign can take a long time
- No video email marketing support
Vertical Response is one of the most established email marketing tools available in the market. Started in San Francisco back in 2001 the service now has more than a million users. Their list of big clients includes Minnesota based check printing giant Deluxe Corp.
Users have submitted quite a positive response regarding email marketing services. Their features are quite user-friendly and allow you to use the system to your benefits.
Here are the two plans Vertical Response offers:
Free Plan – If you are a start-up and are looking to target those first important contacts then Vertical Response’s free plan is the best choice for you. In the free plan you can send up to 4000 emails per month and get up to 300 subscribers.
Paid Plan – There are three sub-categories in the paid plan:
- Basic – $11 per month
- Pro – $16/month
- Pro+ – $196/month
The more you pay the more amazing features you receive including heat maps, live support, etc.
- Schedule social media posts for platforms like Facebook and Twitter
- Ready integration for other social platforms like Salesforce, SugarCRM, etc.
- Automation features like autoresponder missing in basic plans.
- No A/B testing, unsubscribers’ details get deleted from the database too.
There are several email marketing solutions available in the market that offer amazing features. But you must have enough knowledge of marketing so that you can market your product in the best way possible. Tools are always there to make the road smoother for you. No matter which email marketing tool you use it depends on how well you use it. But always remember, email marketing works!